AAUW Texas 46th Biennial State Convention, 2014 Proposed Site Application Form
- 2014 AAUW Texas convention Site
- DUE NOVEMBER 30, 2012
Each bid should include
- Names of the prospective host branch(es), along with supporting materials from area chambers of commerce, facilities, etc.
- The proposed dates of the convention, which are a Friday, Saturday and Sunday in the months of March, April, or May of the appropriate even-numbered year.
- Please discuss how the host branch(es) will meet the volunteer needs of the convention.
- Address the meeting and lodging facilities to ensure that adequate facilities are available. Minimum requirements should include:
- Approximately 60-70 guest rooms for double occupancy.
- At least 2 single rooms for leaders-on-loan or major speakers.
- Dining area to accommodate 150 for meal events.
- Large meeting room to accommodate 150 people for general sessions and for use for large workshops.
- At least 6 small meeting rooms each to accommodate approximately 20 people.
- Additional areas for exhibits, sales, and hospitality.
- The bid should include the preliminary costs for facilities, sample menus from potential caterers with preliminary costs, and a draft of sample contract for each facility and/or caterer.
- If all meetings are not held at the same site, adequate transportation must be available.
- Please mail your proposal and all related materials by November 30, 2012 to:
AAUW Texas 46th Biennial Convention Proposal Committee
818 Ashford Court
Tyler, Texas 75703-1408
Thank you for submitting your Branch’s proposal for the 46th AAUW Texas Biennial Convention, 2014. Our Biennial Convention Selection Committee will be reviewing all proposals and will be in touch with you on or before February15, 2013.